Keeping electrical cabinets dry is crucial to equipment safety,
Why Is a Temperature Humidity Controller Needed in High and Low-voltage Switchgear?
At present, temperature humidity controller is more and more widely used in high-voltage switchgear of medium and low-voltage systems. Why? This article will introduce the reason for using the temp humidity controller in switchgear.
Temperature humidity controller functions for switchgear
As you know, the main factor affecting the safe and stable operation of high-voltage switchgear is the temperature and humidity in the switchgear. When the humidity of the switchgear is high, the insulation performance of the insulating parts in the switch cabinet decreases, and when the insulation performance of the insulating parts decreases, the insulating material made of the insulating parts absorbs a large amount of moisture in the air, resulting in a further decline in its insulation performance.
By analogy, a vicious circle is formed, which eventually leads to insulation damage of insulating parts, high-voltage conductors discharge to ground through insulating parts, flashover, short-circuit tripping, and even burning equipment, seriously affecting the safe and stable operation of power grids and equipment.
- In summer, the temperature and the humidity of high and low-voltage power distribution cabinets are high. In addition, the circuit breakers and other products inside the cabinets generate heat, which can easily cause accidents. If the temperature humidity controller is used to start the ventilator to dehumidify and cool down, the temperature of the switchgear is able to be normal.
- The temperature humidity controller can be used to make various electrical cabinets work in a specific environment. The temperature humidity controller first Starts the heater to make the temperature of the cabinet reach the temperature suitable for the operation of electrical appliances, thereby reducing faults and prolonging the life of the product.
- It solves the problem of condensation. The biggest problem that causes accidents in high and low-voltage cabinets, central cabinets, terminal boxes, etc. is condensation and dirt.
Based on these reasons, temperature humidity controllers are installed inside the switchgear.
Temp humidity controller needed due to switchgear dampness reasons
Because of condensation or moisture in high-voltage switchgear, the temperature humidity controller is used in the switchgear. Here are 3 reasons in the following:
- The humidity in the area is high, the climate temperature changes greatly, the bottom is wet, and some cable trenches even have water.
- Some switchgear is located in the basement, the humidity is relatively high, and the temperature inside the cabinet, especially the temperature close to the ground, is lower than the ambient temperature.
- Some equipment is temporarily out of service, and the small ambient temperature in the high-voltage switchgear is lower than the surrounding ambient temperature, and condensation is easily formed on its surface. In this case, once the power transmission is put into operation, the accident will follow.
Because of the above reasons, the humidity near the high-voltage switchgear is relatively high, but the humidity and salt spray will affect the use of equipment, especially the condensation will directly affect the action of the mechanism, which will cause creepage and flashover accidents. Especially for some small moving contact mechanisms, it will cause logic errors and affect the stable operation of electrical components. So that’s why electric heaters or temperature humidity controllers are installed inside.
Investment is about 5.2 billion yuan! China Southern Power Grid will build a 500 kV provincial digital grid in Hainan
Recently, China Southern Power Grid’s Hainan 500 kV main
DC energy meter for solar panels is used to