GYID series insulation monitor is used for real-time monitoring of Insulation resistance to the ground, insulation failure of measuring equipment shell to ground, and high voltage to the shell, etc. It is widely used in DC systems or AC systems.
In a DC system, the insulation resistance of the positive and negative poles of the DC system to the ground can be independently measured. In specific electric vehicle applications, Insulation resistance can also be reliably monitored under strong interference or complex driving conditions, such as acceleration/deceleration, braking, and energy recovery.
In AC systems, it can suppress the interference of high-frequency harmonics of voltage and accurately measure the insulation resistance to the ground of the entire AC system.
Feature of GYID Insulation Monitoring Device for Electric Vehicle
- DC system(IT system): monitor the ground insulation status of 0 ~ 1000 VDC DC floating system and accurately measure DC voltage.
- AC system(IT system): monitors the ground insulation status of the entire 0~750 VAC AC floating system, cannot select lines (that is, does not distinguish the specific phase line insulation fault), and cannot measure AC voltage.
- Measuring insulation resistance range: 0 ~ 50MΩ, when it exceeds 50MΩ, the default output is 50MΩ.
- Automatically adapt to system Y capacitance CY (CY ≤4 μF).
- CAN bus communication interface.
- Built-in high-voltage relay, which can disconnect the physical connection between the terminal block (DC+/DC-) of the insulation monitor and the system under test.
- Passive equipment: monitor the insulation status between the equipment and the casing or the equipment and the ground.
- When the bus voltage is 0, the system’s insulation resistance to the ground can still be reliably monitored.
Class B voltage ① (high voltage side) and Class A voltage (low voltage side) isolation withstand voltage 3500 Vd.c. / 2500 Va.c.(rms)
- Monitor the insulation faults on the DC side, the AC side, and the motor side;
- Simultaneously monitor the positive and negative asymmetric insulation faults and symmetrical insulation faults;
- Measuring battery pack voltage
- Monitor the internal insulation faults of the battery pack and locate the fault point;
- Monitor in the case of a short circuit on the high-voltage DC side;
- Reliably monitor insulation resistance in high-intensity interference, such as acceleration, deceleration, and energy recovery.
Application of GYID Insulation Monitoring Device for Electric Vehicle
The GYID series insulation monitor can be used for ground insulation monitoring in electric vehicle power battery high-voltage systems, hybrid vehicle high-voltage systems, hydrogen vehicle high-voltage systems, energy storage systems, other DC floating systems, AC floating systems, etc. Taking the application of the high-voltage system of electric vehicle power batteries as an example, its typical application is shown in Figure 1.
In electric vehicle power battery high-voltage systems, it is used for real-time monitoring of the insulation resistance between the high voltage components (0~1000Vdc) and the chassis (earth) of the power battery pack (pure electric or hybrid) power supply system. It is also used for Insulation monitoring for cars, motor racing, commercial vehicles, and EV charging stations.