RS485 Energy Meter is a type of energy meter that uses the RS485 communication protocol for data transmission. The RS485 energy meter is also a bus communication electric meter that supports the Modbus/RTU protocol. RS485 has two-way communication capabilities and can receive and send data at the same time, meeting the communication requirements of smart meters. RS485 energy meter is commonly used in building management or industrial automation applications for monitoring and measuring energy consumption.
Feature of RS485 Energy Meter
- High accuracy and reliability
- Modbus RTU communication protocol
- Multiple communication interfaces
- Data logging and storage
- Real-time monitoring and remote access
- Multi-rate and time-of-use tariff options
- Overload and tamper detection
- Compact and easy installation.
- Generally, supports 32 nodes
- Maximum transmission distance is about 1200 meters
- Maximum data transmission rate is 39800 Baud